Jay Z Ranked His Own Albums with little commentary.
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)
Accurate or Nah?
These 3 tweets hit the nail on the head for me.
And with that said, I won’t say anymore about Madiba today. He’s lived a long life. He was 95. He’s now at peace. I just don’t like how the mainstream press is framing his life in a very easy and digestible narrative, but that is to be expected. It really is nauseating to see imperialistic vultures chiming in with their condolences. I mean, we have people who were part of a system that sought to crush Mandela weighing in to tell us about what an exemplary man he was. My words cannot express how disgusting that is, but the show must go on. All that is left is for Dick Chaney and P.W. Botha’s children to start singing Mandela’s praises.